5.31.2011

english lace

I just received this dress in the mail today, and instantly had to put it on.

English muse ivory lace dress, $42.99 at Ruche

At 5'4" this dress hits right above the knee on me. More sweet than stuffy (though I'd avoid wearing pearls!), the dress has a few modern twists that still show off a bit of skin, like see-through sleeves and a slip that stops just short of where the lace overlay ends. I absolutely love the ever-so-slightly puffed sleeves and the black ribbon belt. Though it's a bit too hot at the moment to be wearing this dress around (the weather channel has a few heat advisories out for the DC area :\), this dress will be lovely on a cool summer night with some ballet flats or on an autumn day with black tights and my mom's vintage cream heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment