Glossybox has arrived in the US! This month’s box is labeled “beauty around the world” and features products from South Korea, the UK, Italy, France, and the US. Looking at the card with the included products (they mention a Glossybox blush brush as well) – I love this already! Below is a description of the products and my first impressions :)
- Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel – I tried a little bit of this on my hand and sadly, I instantly loved the way it felt. I say sadly because the full-size version of this product is $100. It has a really light refreshing smell to it. I’ll enjoy the sample size while I have it.
- Burberry Beauty Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick Copper No. 202 – This is obviously the product that hails from the UK and the one I was most excited about when I read the card. The color is really natural, a little on the sheer side. This is the cutest lipstick sample I've ever received – the Burberry packaging is very luxurious and they even have the Burberry check imprinted into the lipstick itself, like for the full-sized product.
- Marvis Whitening toothpaste – I know people received toothpastes in Birchbox as well, which I always thought was a little weird, even if it makes sense that nice teeth are an important part of beauty. Haven’t tried this yet, I’ll probably save it for travel at the end of the month. Smells minty. Haha dunno what to say, it’s toothpaste, though an Italian one at that.
- Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask for Dry Hair – When I pulled this out of the box the heavens parted and angels sang for a few seconds. My hair has been very dry and the past couple weeks I've all but given up, throwing my hair into a bun pretty much every day. I have high hopes for this product.
- Zoya Summer 2012 Beach and Surf Collection, color Wednesday – This is a gorgeous seafoam blue cream, and it’ll fit in perfectly to my summer nail polish palette of bright green, hot pink, coppery rose, and burnt orange.
- Glossybox blush brush – It’s just a bit scratchy and has an odd smell to it (though not an overpowering one) that will most likely be washed out. It’s flat and narrow, resembling a smaller MAC 116, which I don’t own to actually compare. Probably not a brush I will reach for often, but I’ll likely end up throwing it into my purse since it’s nice and slim and I won’t mind too much if the bristles get a bit bent.