6.08.2011

YSL resort 2012

I just watched the YSL Cruise/Resort 2012 show on Youtube (here) and thought I'd post a few of my favorite pieces.

    
    
Photos from style.com

I love the use of red in the first three outfits and the different effects it has... from the daringly sexy red trench, to the doll-like red lips with a girly trapeze dress, to the pop of red detailing and a bold handbag with chic black-on-black.
  • I love the cut of the trench coat's hem- it gives an instant edge to demure business skirts and a-line dresses by day and shows off a little leg for night. 
  • The second outfit looks light and flowy rather than heavy, perfect for sticky summer nights. I love how the endlessness of the fabric and the combination of thick and thin stripes just makes the model look even more delicate underneath. 
  • The third outfit is the ultimate in summer chic, baring the back and midriff without being too revealing. It exclaims "I'm going on holiday!" which, along with the fact that the person exclaiming it is wearing my favorite outfit of the four, is cause for some major jealousy.
  • The last outfit is a much more grown-up and stylish version of the floral rompers I used to wear as a kid, and even though I have yet to embrace the high-street reincarnation of the trend, I'd wear the outfit above in a heartbeat. 
For now I can only dream, and my wallet can breathe a huge sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment